Last Updated: October 20, 2020
What is this current website about?
Backpacking Nomads is a travel blog comprising of valuable information pertaining to my stance on places worth visiting.
What personal data does Backpacking Nomads collect and why the need?
Providing you full disclosure for all collected data below –
When visitors leave comments on the site, Backpacking Nomad collects the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When you contact Backpacking Nomad through any of the Contact Forms, the website will collect your email id and name.
Backpacking Nomad may use your personal data to conduct some marketing activities such as sending you relevant ‘trending blog’ related information in the form of emails from time to time. You may easily opt-out of these emails by opting to unsubscribe from an email campaign.
If you leave a comment on this website, you may opt-in to save your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
These cookies might last for one week or more. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, Backpacking Nomad will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for about a week. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Using Backpacking Nomad on a mobile device
When you use the mobile version of Backpacking Nomad , the processing of personal information you provide happens the same way as when you use the regular desktop website. However, in this case, additional information such as device, location information, etc. might also be tracked when visiting our website using a mobile device. You may opt-out of displaying your location simply by turning off the location on your mobile device.
What kind of data does Backpacking Nomad receive automatically?
When you view Backpacking Nomad on your devices, we collect technical information. This includes:
- Type of device you are using (e.g. phone, computer, other)
- Version of the operating system running on the device;
- Anonymous usage statistics and crash reporting data; and unique identifier details for your device such as the IP address (a unique number that identifies your computer whilst accessing the internet),
- IMEI number (a unique number that identifies your mobile phone), or advertising identifier (unique ID that enables us to show you ads that are targeted to you). However, unique identifiers are anonymous and we do not use this information to identify you as an individual.
Backpacking Nomad uses this automatically gathered information about you to understand how our website is used by our cooking community and to ensure that any technical problems are reported to us. We use Google Analytics to gather and process this data.
Whom does Backpacking Nomad share your data with?
Your personal data will be shared with third parties under the scenarios mentioned below:
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement agencies upon request from these bodies. This might be strictly necessary for the detection, prevention, or prosecution of criminal acts or fraud or if we are legally obliged to do so.
- Social media: We have certain social media plugins including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest integrated into our website using which you can share and post things on these platforms. Commenting on blogs or writing reviews using third-party plugins such as Facebook and others will be available on our platform and visible for the public to view.
How long does Backpacking Nomad retain your data?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data?
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where ever we have used your personal data with your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time subject to applicable law.
Where we send your data?
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data?
We are committed to protect the personal information you provide us and take reasonable measures to prevent any misuse of the same. We prevent anyone from gaining unauthorised access to your personal data with us. Only authorised personnel in our team are permitted to access your personal information.